It’s almost Valentine’s Day and although I don’t celebrate it on February (because I’m not american and we, Colombians, celebrate it in September) I always tend to inculcate Agatha, American holidays, traditions and special dates, since she was born here and I respect that. So, we obviously had to make some crafts, right? when not?! Haha, so, today, I want to show you 5 simple and beautiful crafts that Aggie made on this week. At first, she was a little confused and asked me why decorating her crafts-space with many hearts and why was everything pink and red. I explained to her, Valentine’s Day was meant to celebrate love and friendship, being the heart a symbol for love; she kind of understood but the only thing she answered to it, was: are we going to eat these? finger pointing the chocolate hearts, haha! kids can be really honest sometimes. I played her favorite playlist (her favorites now are Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake and Bruno Mars, she’s such a Pop girl!) and then we got to work .
- Craft bottle
- Heart sticker
- Confetti or colored paper
- Decorative ribbon
1 Ask your toddler to shred the pink paper and form small paper balls, too; by using their hands. Then pour them inside the craft bottle.
2. Add glitter and then shake the bottle (although easy to understand, unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of this step)
3. Then add chocolates.
4. Shake bottle again, then close it. Finally, use the decorative ribbon to make a bow and tie it around the bottle.
Ta-daaa! There you have a simple, cute and tasty craft.
I love you to PIECES!
- White sheet of paper
- Colored papers
- Markers or pencil colors to write quote.
1 Write quote for your toddler: “I love you (u) to pieces” and a heart in the middle of the page.
2. Cut many colorful squares, if your child knows how to manage scissors, he or she can do this step.
3. Ask your kid to glue the inside of the heart.
4. Then stick all the squares to it.
Perfect Valentine’s gift for daddy!
This is the simplest craft, but is such a cute present idea to give.
- Colored paper
- Use glue to write the sign: “Happy Valentine’s Day! I love you”
- Ask your toddler to apply glitter to sign.
You ROCK my HEART.
- a rock
- Colored papers
- Black marker
1. In a white paper draw a big heart, then cut it.
2. Paint the heart using paints, we used color yellow, purple, orange and pink.
3. In another colored paper (it can be any color, other than white, of course) write the words “you” and “my” and glue a rock in the middle of these two words.
4. Then glue the heart and stick it in the same paper under the quote.