Every now and then, I’ll be sharing some of my recipes here. The ones that have had success, are easy to prepare, quick, healthy and tasty too! In other words, everything a mommy needs, because we’re lack of time to cook (nor do we want to, haha, just kidding.) This is a vegan bowl, but don’t you be afraid to eat it, you can always enjoy vegan food even if you’re not vegan or vegetarian. I am not vegan, but I love bowls! So, why not? try it! And if you do, let me know if you liked it.
– For lentils burger –
* 2 cups cooked lentil
* 1½ cup oat flour
* 1 medium white onion
* 1 cup shredded carrots
* 1 TBS olive oil
* 1 TBS bread crumbs
* 1 TSP minced garlic
* 1 TSP dried basil
* 1 TSP cumin
* Salt and pepper to taste
– For bowl –
* 1 Hass avocado
* ½ red onion
* 1 red bell pepper
* 1 salad tomato
* 1 cup cooked white rice
* Cilantro-lime dressing
-For lentils burger –
1. In a large bowl, mash the lentils with a fork, until obtaining a soft consistency.
2. Chop the white onion and add it to the mashed lentils along with the shredded carrots, and mix.
3. Add all condiments and spices. Then add oat flour and bread crumbs.
4. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Preheat the oven to 350F
6. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminium and grease it with olive oil.
7. Using your hands, form burger patties.
8. Bake the patties for 25 to 30 minutes.
– For bowl –
Serve rice in a small bowl, add all veggies and lentil burgers on top, finally add the cilantro-lime dressing.
What I love the most about bowls, is that you can add anything you want. There are no rules here. But in this case, I used some of my favorites which are the ones listed above.
What do you add first? it doesn’t matter! just chop and add. I chopped all veggies and added as much as I wanted. I’d just say, when serving, make sure rice and lentil burgers are warm, so that it tastes better.
And you can make it for kids too, they’ll sure love it!
NOTE: The cilantro-lime sauce is homemade. I didn’t take pictures of it while making it, because I completely forgot. But it’s pretty easy to prepare so I’ll share this recipe on next week with you guys.